Thermophilic cultures are a heat loving culture and typically used in Pasta Filata, Semi-Hard and Hard Cheeses. The optimum growth range for a thermophilic culture is 68-125° F.
-20 Unit pouch will inoculate 260 to 520 gallons of milk
-50 Units, 433 to 650 gallons of milk
-100 Unit pouch 833 to 1,300 gallons of milk
- MT1001, 50 Units : A traditional farmhouse tasting blend for continental cheeses with Lactococcus lactis subsp.lactis, Lactococcus lactis ssp lactis biovar diacetylactis and Streptococcus salivarius subsp. thermophilus. Also very good for Halloumi style cheese.
- TPF 4 or 5 (rotation cultures), 50 Unit for Italian Style, Fontina, Gruyere, Raclette and Alpine (Fondue Melting), Pizza and Mozzarella Type Cheeses: This culture is used for Pizza style cheese, Mozzarella and other Pasta Filata style cheeses. Composition: Specific blended strains of Italian Streptococcus thermophilus cultures. Also great for a texturing culture and as adjunct.
- TPM 2, 50 Units for Feta, Blue, Soft, Mont ‘d Or, Low Fat or Cresenza styles cheeses: This is a particularly good Thermophilic culture when pH stabilization is important in your cheese. A proprietary blend of Thermophilic strains to Bioprox.
- TY947, 50 UAT/Units: A blended strain of Streptococcus Thermophilus and Lactobacillus Bulgaricus. This culture offers the benefits of making Pizza Style Cheese and Yogurt, all in one culture.
- TA50 or TA52, 125 DCU: The slow acidifying and very mild acid thermophilic culture. This culture is a pure strain of Streptococcus Salivarius ssp Thermophilus. TA 50 series is good as lactic starter only or blended with other cultures as an adjunct. This starter is frequently added to mesophilic cultures in making a stabilized bloomy rind cheese such as Camembert, Brie or Cambozola.
- TA61, 125 DCU: TA61 is a multipurpose thermophilic single-species culture of Streptococcus thermophilus. It can be used as a standalone starter or blended-in as an adjunct with other cultures. This culture has a medium to high acidity component and will remain a valid culture even at high heats of scalding at 53°C (127°F). This culture is commonly used for Mozzarella, Buratta, and Provolone, to Romano, Parmesan, Alpine Tomme styles, Emmental, Gruyère, Caciocavallo, Provolone, and many other styles.
Protect Your Purchase in Shipment
To protect your purchase during shipment, in the upper right hand corner in the search engine type “blue ice blanket”. You can then add this item to your cart and your products will be wrapped with an ice block and blanket during shipment. Please note, if you are located outside of the USA this option is available, but will not stay frozen during transit. During the hot summer months in the USA, the ice block will stay frozen for two days in transit only.