Specific mould for St. Nectaire, Tommes de Montagne and mixed surface flora cheeses. It is widely used in the production of traditional raw milk cheeses.. Characteristics:
- White fluffy surface appearance.
- Brown, yellow underside tending towards a dark brown and producing oval spores.
- Good resistance to salt under 2%. Beyond 2% salt, influence of pH at 53.6°F/12°C optimum pH is close to 7.00.
- Growth is inhibited at pH of 5.00 or less.
Composition: Trichothecium domesticum (cylindrocarpon species)
Protect Your Product During Shipping
- Select Blue Ice Blanket under “Choose An Option” and we will add an ice pack and silver blanket to protect your product during shipment.