Specific mould for St. Nectaire, Tommes de Montagne and mixed surface flora cheeses. It is widely used in the production of traditional raw milk cheeses.. Characteristics:
- White fluffy surface appearance.
- Brown, yellow underside tending towards a dark brown and producing oval spores.
- Good resistance to salt under 2%. Beyond 2% salt, influence of pH at 53.6°F/12°C optimum pH is close to 7.00.
- Growth is inhibited at pH of 5.00 or less.
Composition: Trichothecium domesticum (cylindrocarpon species)
Blue Ice Protectant in Shipment
- To protect your purchase during shipment, in the upper right hand corner in the search engine type “blue ice blanket”. You can then add this item to your cart and your products will be wrapped with an ice block and blanket during shipment. Please note, if you are located outside of the USA this option is available, but will not stay frozen during transit. During the hot summer months in the USA, the ice block will stay frozen for two days in transit only.