Renco, New Zealand:
A purified and standardized solution of milk clotting enzymes extracted from the fourth stomach of young milk fed calves sourced from New Zealand and/or Australia. Inspected and imported under USDA approval. Current Lot: Minimum chymosin level 95% and 5% pepsin. Renco Natural Calf Rennet is purified by cellulose ion exchange chromatography. The unique chromatography step in the purification of rennet ensures a sparkling clear solution with a much lower mucorprotein content than most other similar products currently available.
- Liquid Single Strength 280 IMCU or 580 IMCU Calf Rennet
- 3.38 ounces; 100 milliliters (single strength only) (Samples are available for licensed cheesemakers)
- 16 ounces/1 pint/453 grams
- 1 Liter/33.81 ounces (slightly greater than a quart)
- 2 liters/67.62 ounces (slightly greater than a half gallon)
- 3 liters/101.43 ounces
- 4 liters/135.24 ounces (slightly greater than one gallon)
- 32 ounces/907 grams
- 64 ounces/Half gallon/1.81 kilograms
- 1 Gallon/128 ounces/4 kilograms
- 5 gallons; 20 liters
- Powdered Veal Rennet 1100 IMCU (Single or Double Strength): The powdered veal rennet can be mixed with unchlorinated or spring water to make single strength rennet (280 IMCU) or double strength rennet (580 IMCU). The purchase comes with blending instructions. The loss once blended is only 5% per year if kept in the refrigerator. Composition: Enzymes of calf vells, sodium chloride, powdered gelatine and preservative free.
- 100 grams
- 500 grams
The Federal Code of Regulations indicates that animal based rennets can be used in the production of organic cheeses. §205.605: Nonagricultural (nonorganic) substances allowed as ingredients in or on processed products labeled as “organic” or “made with organic (specified ingredients or food group(s)).” >> Animal enzymes—(Rennet—animals derived; Catalase—bovine liver; Animal lipase; Pancreatin; Pepsin; and Trypsin).
Protect Your Purchase in Shipment
To protect your purchase during shipment, in the upper right hand corner in the search engine type “blue ice blanket”. You can then add this item to your cart and your products will be wrapped with an ice block and blanket during shipment. Please note, if you are located outside of the USA this option is available, but will not stay frozen during transit. During the hot summer months in the USA, the ice block will stay frozen for two days in transit only.