Bioprotective cultures assist in protecting your cheese and preventing is from pathogens, moulds, yeasts and harmful bacteria, late blowing and some of the bioprotective cultures also eat the galactose in the cheese which is very important. Your Cheese Connection representative will work with you to identify which bioprotective culture will be the most effective in your style of cheese.
The Bioprox bioprotective cultures are effective in inhibiting:
- Debaryomyces Hansenii yeast
- Kluyveromycess yeast
- Yarrowia lipolytica
- Candida kefir
- Pichia yeast
- Mucor hyemalis mold
- Aspergillus niger mold
- Pencillium roqueforti
- Listeria monocytogenes
RP80: For fresh cheese, stirred yogurt, drink yogurts, set yogurts, sour cream, cottage cheese and tvorog. Protects against: Penicillium species, Apergillus species and Mucor species. Composition: Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Lactobacillus plantarium. Inoculates up to 528 gallons/2000L of milk.
SP86: SP86 is excellent in all types of yogurt, kefir, sour cream, fresh cheeses and continental styles cheeses such as cheddar, jack, monterey, manchego, feta, mozzarella, parmesan, grana, fontal, emmental, provolone, emmental and gruyere. Composition: Lactobacillus. Inoculates up to 264 gallons/1000L of milk.
Z100: Fresh cheese and continental cheese: cheddar, gouda, edam, manchego, etc. Composition: Lactobacillus. Inoculates up to 132 gallons/500L of milk.
P94: Fresh cheese and continental cheeses. Composition: Lactobacillus Plantarum. Inoculates up to 132 gallons/500L of milk.
Advantages of Bioprox Bioprotective cultures:
- No additional post acidification compared to the acidifying starter cultures.
- Maintains the fresh flavor of fermented milk throughout the product’s shelf life
- Inhibits the development of numerous types of molds
- Reduction of the molds’ sporulation capacity
- Better management of the product’s shelf life
- Natural protection: Enables the cheesemaker to do away with chemical agents such as potassium sorbate and sodium nitrite.
- Helps reduce the liklihood of listeria and E.Coli contamination.
Protect Your Purchase in Shipment
To protect your purchase during shipment, in the upper right hand corner in the search engine type “blue ice blanket”. You can then add this item to your cart and your products will be wrapped with an ice block and blanket during shipment. Please note, if you are located outside of the USA this option is available, but will not stay frozen during transit. During the hot summer months in the USA, the ice block will stay frozen for two days in transit only.